- Around 8% of children have a true food allergies
- Food sensitivity is more common and affects a greater percentage of the population
- Predominantly a Western illness
What is an allergic reaction
- Like a mini explosion that happens in our bodies
- Most common to respiratory system and skin
- Is an over reaction of the Immune System
- Mild, Moderate, Severe reactions
- Triggered by food proteins and cross-reactivity of food proteins that enter the bloodstream
The scope of natural medicine lies in help reduce mild to moderate food sensitivity and allergic reactions.
Understanding the causes
- Prenatal: Genetics and familiy history, Epigenetics, Stress, Environmental
- Birth: C-Section, Complications (preterm), Trauma (Physical, mental, emotional) Drugs
- Postpartum: Non-Breastfed, Early food introduction, Hygiene hypothesis, Poor quality nutrition, Nutrient deficiency, NSAIDS (baby panadol etc), Functional issues (ie. Digestive complaints that remain unaddressed) Excess antibiotic use.
Some Signs and Symptoms of Food Intolerance
- Behaviour changes
- Chronic running nose or sniffles
- Chronic congestion
- Repeat Ear infection
- Skin Rash or eczema
- Poor sleep
- Poor Immunity
- Ruddy cheeks
IgG food Sensitivity Tests can identify which foods are causing troubles. A simple blood spot test allows the pathology lab to assess for food IgG antibodies.
The right diet for your child
This will ensure that optimal nutrition is available through the diet and will not compromise your child’s health. A key point is to ensure effective nutrient absorption in the body. When the body can access good nutrition, vitality follows naturally.
Is aimed at enhancing your child’s vitality and wellbeing. We want your child to thrive in the natural world and be full of beans! Holistic treatment will also consider your child’s individuality and treat according to his/her actual needs.